Monday, March 30, 2009

Living La Vida La Plata

A lot of people are asking me about my living situation because, after all, staying with a host family is a huge part of my cultural experience. I feel like I've lucked out. The house I'm staying in is very large, with a modern kitchen and an outdoor patio and grill for asados (typical Argentine barbecues.) Best of all, it is located in the center of town, meaning I can walk almost anywhere.

My host "Mom," Nuria, is only 28. She is single and technically lives alone, but that's never really the case. Her sister,Coral, lives down the street with her boyfriend Valentino, and they stop by all the time. I also have a roommate,Pablo, who is an exchange student from Spain, studying Law. Recently we had another addition to our house: a Beagle named Tonto (meaning silly). Here are some pictures of our happy family.

Nuria and Pablo showing me some moves on the dance floor.



Tonto being tonto.


Me with the honor of cutting the parillo.

1 comment: